CAMP CARMEL MEMORIES
This memory quiz was shared as part of the 65th anniversary weekend at Carmel. See how many questions you can dare to honestly answer!
1. How many of you have been in a mud fight in CC?
2. How many of you have slid down a water slide in CC?
3. How many of you have seen a rattlesnake near CC?
4. How many of you have seen a bear near CC?
5. How many of you have seen bigfoot at CC?
6. Is there anyone who ever came across a barge to enter CC?
7. How many of you wrote something on the old craft shelter?
8. How many of those love initials actually came true?
9. How many have ever KP’d at CC?
10. How many of you have been part of a seasonal staff?
11. How many of you have seen underwear or other clothing flying at the top of the flag pole during a week at camp?
12. How many have had to be taken to a hospital during a week?
13. How many of you have played four square?
14. How many of you have snuck out to the old mess hall to get a midnight snack at some point?
15. How many have been to all 3 campfire sites across the bridge?
16. How many have jumped off of the falls?
17. How many have jumped off of the trestle across the river?
18. How many have seen an army helicopter land in the field?
19. How many of you stayed in camp before you were campers age.
20. How many of you had to stuff your “tick” mattresses?
21. How many of you married someone you met at CC?
22. How many of you have tried to walk on stilts at CC?
23. How many of you have biked to Ohiopyle from CC?
24. How many have had kids or grandkids come to CC?
25. How many had your parents or grandparents come to CC?
26. The National Director of Evangelism is Jeff Johnson who used to be a camper & pastor at CC. How many of you were ever part of a camp or youth retreat where he was involved?
27. John Carson currently is a guest speaker at family camps each and he was a manager in the early 80’s. How many were ever here when John was manager?
28. Randy Riggle is our longest serving weekly director having directed a junior week since 1988. How many of you have never heard Rindercella?
29. How many were ever or thought you were in love with a lifeguard?
30. How many have ever had a mouse in your cabin?
31. How many have ever had a bat in your cabin?
32. How many of you have been pranked at CC? (Toothpaste on door handle, toilet paper or saran wrap a cabin)
33. How many of you were saved at CC?
34. How many of you have rededicated your lives at CC?
35. How many of you have run out of clothes at CC?
36. How many have been sent around the building or been encouraged to get your elbows off of the table by song?
37. How many of you have had a mountain pie?
38. How many of you have rode or drove the camp tractor?
39. How many of you have went tubing from Ohiopyle?
40. How many shirts do you own from CC?
41. How many have trodded through Yough Yuck in the river?
42. How many have never slept in a top bunk?
43. How many have never been to Pechin’s in Dunbar?
44. How many still have a craft project that you created at camp?
45. How many of you have been in weddings where a fellow camper was part of the wedding party?
46. How many have had your letter or postcard read by the director during mail call in front of the camp?
47. How many have gotten a “pig” in the cabin you were in?
48. How many of you have taken a Chester Bailey or David Earnest nature walk around and through the camp property?
49. How many of you have spent all of your store money by the end of a camp week?
50. How many of you have given up a day or a week of your life when you should have been doing something else just to be in CC?